Saturday, October 28, 2017

Author Spotlight: Emma Haven


Author Spotlight

Emma Haven


Emma Haven has a new release that looks delightfully naughty. I wanted to know more about the release and Ms. Haven. 
She  writes stand-alone Erotic Romance amd Erotica with elements of BDSM, menage, suspense, and mystery – sometimes all at the same time. All books are entirely stand-alone, and no books are part of a series. Each story is a unique journey through two (or more) characters blossoming (or raging) relationship. No cliffhangers. No series. No 500,000 word commitment to find out whether they will or won’t. Just one hot story from beginning to end.

Now that we’ve got the marketing drivel out of the way.
Trixie Belden. The first book series that I loved when I was a child was the Trixie Belden series. After reading every book in the series I could get my hands on, I knew what the next book should be. So, at eight years old, I borrowed my Dad’s old Royal typewriter and banged out my first book. That typewriter followed me through school to college, where I majored in English and decided I would write the next great literary novel.
That was twenty-seven years ago and as I am sure you suspect, it didn’t happen. I wound up in IT, started a business. I did write lots of memos, web copy, and blog posts, though. It was something.
In 2016, my twenty-plus year career in IT came to an end in a particularly callous and brutal company layoff. As I struggled with making sense of what I had just watched, participated in, and had happened to me I turned back to writing to work through the emotions. Eventually, that lead me back to my original dream as an eight-year-old girl to write for a living.
I chose erotic romance because I love exploring the emotional complexities of one or two damaged people finding one another and struggling to make it work with all the fear and desire and over the top emotions new love entails. My books usually contain something outside the norm of “accepted” experience as I am fascinated by people that work to make their place in the world while celebrating their differences.
And I write standalone stories because I truly, truly despise cliffhangers. There is nothing more frustrating to me than to get to the end of a book and not having a complete resolution.


This woman is  after my heart. A writer who despises cliffhangers, sign me up. Check out her latest. 





Excerpt:

She shook her head, mimicking his pose. “Obey me, and you’ll be rewarded.”
He stiffened. “I’m not a dog, signorina. I do not heel to anyone—man or woman.”
Rather than take offense at his haughty tone, Regan trailed her fingers across the smooth skin of her cleavage, glancing at him from the veil of her lashes. “Have you ever tried?”
“Yes, for a woman I cared about enough to try something new.” He shrugged. “Submission doesn’t suit me.”
She cocked a brow. “Perhaps you didn’t have the right Domme.”
“Do you practice the lifestyle?”
She shook her head. “No, not as such. You said it yourself. I’m simply used to being in control of every situation.”
Dante took a step toward her, and then another. He reached out to touch her cheek, ignoring her attempt to dart away. “You are obsessed with control. Look where it got you.”
His other hand rested on her chest, near her heart. He patted gently. “You need to surrender control sometimes, mia piccola tiranna.”
She grinned at his silly nickname for her, rather pleased to have made such an impression on him. She ignored his suggestion. “I never surrender.”
“You will surrender to me.”
She frowned. “Never.”




She is available everywhere! You can find her latest here. 




Visit her at:



No comments:

Post a Comment