Friday, September 12, 2014

Jordan Silver, writer of dominate sexy Alpha males

I'm a huge fan of Alpha males in my romance reads. I was looking at an author favorite of hot Alphas I had found and a suggested author that came up was a book by Jordan Silver. Son of a bitch she has the same cover I do. That was my first introduction, I clicked and it wasn't super obvious but it was clearly the same original stock photo used, I clicked on the title and read the blurb. It seemed hot but I shrugged because I was mainly just disappointed someone so popular had a cover that looked so close to mine. 

Then every time I went onto Amazon a title of Jordan's would come up. It felt like I was being taunted but again and again she came up under other writers with hot Alpha men. One time a story came up that caught my eye and I gave in and bought it. I gobbled it up like candy. I loved it, a super hot, uber-Alpha men with sex that was panty melting hot sex off the charts and have been reading her often over the last year. We have been tweeting each other lately and now that I am inviting an author on once a month I really wanted to ask Jordan for an interview. With over forty five books written, I wanted to know how she did it (considering I practically broke my arm patting myself on the back for completing seven in one year, I could hardly wrap my head around forty five) I asked and she was kind enough to agree. 



What motivated you to become an indie author?

I wrote for an online website and some of my readers thought my work was worth publishing so I mulled it over for a while not really sure how to go about it as it was relatively new to me anyway. Then someone told me I couldn't do it and so here I am.


How do you write, do you use outlines or anything like that?

I don't have any one particular writing style. I think I'm a bit disorganized because I let the voices in my head lead. I can be writing one story for instance and someone else would knock on the door and demand I pay attention to them, it can be a real riot.



Do you remember the first story you ever read, and the impact it had on you?

I vaguely remember the first story I read but I remember the first to have an impact on me, it was Surrender by Helen Mittermeyer I still own a copy to this day thirty years later.


What are your five favorite books, and why?

Wow ok let's see the first would be Surrender as I mentioned because the emotion in that book touched me at twelve and thirty years later it still does.

Velvet Angel by Jude Devereaux I loved the passion of the hero in that one

Sweet Baby by Sharon Sala just loved the storyline and the way she brought everything together 

Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey because it was frakking hot

All of the In Death series by Nora Roberts writing as JD Robb because I love how she keeps them alive in my head


Any authors you currently enjoy reading and why. 

I haven't really read anyone else's work since I started seriously writing, one because I don't have the time, and two because I don't want to be influenced in that way if that makes sense. If I find myself with a free minute, I watch people, I get lots of ideas from watching people. I still buy tons of books because I always tell myself I'll get to it, but I never really ever find the time.


What made you want to write?

I've always loved writing since about the age of eleven or twelve. I got my love of writing from my love of reading, I used to sneak my grandma's Mills and Boons as a kid and fell in love with love and romance.


What led you to write such strong Alpha males?

I write strong alphas because that's all I know. My husband is nuts and I get a lot of my ideas from dealing with his brand of fuckery everyday. 


 What are you writing now and when will we see it?

I'm working on a lot of stuff at the moment, as to what will be next I'm not quite sure. I might have one thing in mind, but the freaks in my head may have other ideas. Right now I'm working on My Little Farm Girl, Illicit, The Bad Boys of Capitol Hill, Naughty Neighbors, Bad Boys Book 4, Spitfire series book4, Tyler SEAL Team Seven book 2, Hold Me If You Can The Mancini Way Book 2 and The Wives Book 2 along with about ten other things that I have started.



You can find Jordan every where:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jordan.silver.54
Twitter: @JordanSilver144
Her website: http://jordansilver.net/
Check out her Author Page on Amazon for a look at her large catalog: Jordan Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment