Saturday, February 17, 2018

Potpourri of thoughts for the month-upcoming release info

My birthday is coming up and I will be the big 40 and I'm hoping the stress of it doesn't cause a heart attack cuz that's something I have to worry about now that I'm in my fucking 40s. Ugh, I know, I know. Aging gracefully is something I actually like on everyone else. Me? Not so much. It's just, this is so not where I thought I would be when I got to this age, like seriously where did the last fucking decade go?

I'm going to release my latest, fifteenth romance, my sixteenth book next month and I still don't have a million dollars and I'm still hustling like it was my first. When I finished this last one I shit you not I looked around for the balloons and champagne bottles popping I felt the moment deserved and nothing. Crickets chirped, fuck. 

I am so fucking happy with this latest one, I'm seriously thinking it's in my top 3 favorites of all my books I've written. Right now, I can only hope others feel the same. Because I love it so much I'm really bummed I'm not going to be able to get it the attention it deserves. As much as I would love to work with Give Me Books for the promotion, ARC and all that fun stuff, I just don't have the money for it. 

There's also some concern about removing all my books from KDP in preparation for the release. I just can't forget how well I did on iBooks for a solid four months, making in those months what I made on Amazon for a whole year. As much as I have liked the steady income I also still flinch every time I think of the how much money I'm losing by not being full price, seriously people less than a dollar for a book is what I'm earning for everything I put into each book it's complete and utter bullshit. I'm trying to focus on putting out a book every month and hoping that translates into the larger four months lasting for an entire year. So much so I'm already working on my next one. 

I have the excerpt ready and the blurb ready but only people in my Facebook group will see it until March. They'll also have a say on the cover when that time comes, in another two weeks. They will also have ARC access, so there's that too. Join me for all the exclusive fun:






No comments:

Post a Comment