Saturday, September 23, 2017

Swaggalicious: New Ideas for your swag

As I am wandering around on websites not writing I was looking for cool ideas for swag aside from the standby of pens, mugs, bookmarks stuff. I had an idea all of my own (so you know, include me in your footnote and shit) of doing a phone cover of my oh so pretty celtic heart symbol so I went looking to see if that was possible and for how much. No, this is not a paid advertisement, they have no idea who I am and sadly I will get no $$$ from this post. I stumbled upon Collage.com and oh my goodness the plethora of pretty made my cold heart flutter. 

How sad is it that I never thought of a calendar of my covers, as I now have more than 12? I bet you didn't think of it either or there would be a gazillion of them out there. How cool is that though? To have a calendar of your favorite covers to give out instead of a book mark, true the cost isn't cheap but think of it, your reader looking at your covers every day! The minute I have more than $10 bucks in my pocket I'm ordering some for next year and totally doing a giveaway. 
Look look! It's so pretty!




Just as I thought hmm...cool moving on I saw the next bestest thing EVER magnets. You could do a big one with a collage of your covers or a regular sized one with one cover. Ok yes, it doesn't sound cool but the idea of your book cover holding up some kid's macaroni art...I know it's sad the idea makes me giddy but it so does. 

Now I'm clicking like a maniac and what, what, what?  No way, personalized notebooks? Okay, yes I saw this on another website and even considered it but it got to be sooo overwhelming and yes this is incredibly girly of me but the website didn't look this pretty and uncluttered. The idea of a cover on a notebook a reader will use is the shit to me I want to order some for me to keep!


There are the usual things, tote bags, mugs, and coasters there's even some cool looking playing cards that just don't seem that feasible as a writer of romance-maybe thrillers and action for the poker players or maybe as a Christmas gift to friends and family. 
While I'm at it throwing out the coolest thing I saw put into use. 
This writer did the flash drive on a post card with his cover on one side and the other side blank so he could sign to give the reader. He said the cost for 100 was just under $5.00 and he sold it for $10.00 at a comic con. Which is a hell of an idea. When going to a con the attendees aren't there for you so the last thing you want to do is lug books there and even worse back. He said he sold out of them and it just looks cool. This is a website I did a quick search and found. 

I'm sure you could also them on a book mark, or business card, it looks cool and ever so a change from the same old same old.  

Okay pretties, now I really do need to get to writing. Any ideas you want to share feel free to comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment