Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My bad

I haven't been keeping up with my blog like I should but it's for a good reason. I promise!!! After a dry spell that was beginning to feel like the Sahara and made me question my entire life up to this point (so we writers are a little dramatic whatev) I finally finished a story!! And then, another one appeared out of like nowhere and I'm working on that one now(wrote this before I finished the seond-holy crap-I'm back baby). Yay!!! No more rocking on the floor in the corner until my back hurts causing me to throw myself on the bed rocking back and forth and then I call asleep because my bed is just soft. 

Of course this is me so there will be a bit of a delay before I put anything out. I need the money for my awesome editor and I need covers. That's probably a two month delay however I'm hoping that will give me time for a third. I have also had an 'aha' moment that for indie's to keep interest and attention from new readers it's also a good idea to put out a new story every month instead of dropping everything I've got done at one time. Although it sure is awesome to the sale of several different books in one month meaning someone liked one and just kept going through my others. 

Then I had a wow moment of the weekend after Christmas where I sold maybe fifteen to twenty books, and I realized people had used their Amazon gift card on me. Not gonna lie, I got a little teary eyed on that one. 

I promise to do better even though I didn't start the year out quite right. Which reminds me, for my next post please hit me up for cover artists for my next post, whether you are a cover artist or have a go to. Please send to my email: fionaainamurphy@gmail.com 
Now I won't promise to use everyone but if I like them then I will, especially if I have mentioned them before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment