Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Second Excerpt for His Secretary with Benefits

Smashwords
Nook
Kindle
Also available on iTunes

This is a standalone novella at 31,103 words.
Beta readers have deemed this Romantic Smut. Graphic anal and rough sex, spanking scenes. 
(NOT BDSM) 



Tina was shaking her head as Laura walked up to their table with a sheepish expression on her face. “That man is a genius. He sends you out looking like you’ve already been very thoroughly and satisfyingly fucked so all the guys can just keep walking.”
Laura couldn’t help it. She blushed and buried her face in her hands. “I’m sorry, okay? Please don’t be so mean.”
“She isn’t being mean, sweetie, she’s being honest. I’m not even going to ask how things are going, because it’s obvious they are going very well.” April said with a chuckle.
“Fuck that, I’m asking. How’s it going?”
Laura smiled and then, without any warning, she burst into tears.
“Oh shit, you didn’t. Damn it, you weren’t supposed to fall in love with him.” Tina says as she grabbed napkins and stuffed them into Laura’s hands.
“Oh, dear, I’m so sorry, Laura. I didn’t think that would happen.”
That got through to her, and Laura wanted to smack April. “Are you insane? How could you not think that might happen? He’s gorgeous, kind, scary smart, and he doesn’t treat me like a damn blow-up doll. You want to know why Kelly isn’t mousy any longer? It’s because he listens to you, asks you questions, draws out your opinion on business, and if he likes it, he’ll actually do it. He pushes you to learn more and think for yourself when it comes to business, not just what you think he wants to hear. He doesn’t just take from you—he gives back. Then there’s the ‘body of a Greek god’ thing and that he can make me come without even being inside me or touching my clit. I have no idea how he does that, but oh my god, how could you not see this coming?”
Tina looked at April. “This is all your fault.”
“My fault? You were the one who practically blackmailed me into telling her about the job. No way, this is all your fault.”
A short squabble broke out before Laura couldn’t listen anymore. “It’s nobody’s fault. If it’s anyone’s fault it’s mine. I should have known better that very first week it started. He was commanding and very demanding, yet he was also so gentle and sweet at times.”
“Are you sure it’s love? Maybe it’s just the really amazing sex. Look at me and Tyrone—I would have sworn on a stack of Bibles the first year that it was love. Five years later and I’ve finally kicked his ass out and changed the locks this time. Good sex fries the brain. It’s chemical and shit; I read about it on the internet. I mean, it’s only been about six months. It’s really easy to be dickmatized in those first few months.” Tina asked hopefully.
Shaking her head, Laura laughed as she wiped away her tears. “I’m sorry about you and Tyrone, even though we all knew that was way overdue. I am not dickmatized. It would be nice if that was all it was. I know it’s love, I just do, all the way down to my bone marrow. Jeff, I can see it now, that wasn’t love. That was longing not to be alone and a desire to be in love. This is completely different. I’m sorry to bring you guys down. I didn’t mean to. I had no idea I was going to cry like that.”

“Hey, who’s to say there’s anything to cry about? So he’s a little gun shy after one bad experience—who hasn’t been? If he’s as smart as you say he is, then he’s going to figure out that letting one bad experience prevent him from being happy with you is stupid. Don’t forget that’s he’s asked you to move in with him. That has to mean something.” April patted her arm, and Laura sniffed and nodded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment