Saturday, February 15, 2014

Why shouldn't I use the word pussy in erotic romance?

I keep turning the question around in my mind, it was one of the pieces of feedback I got. To which I wanted to respond with WTF are you serious? Interesting no upset about the word cock or dick, though.

Okay, I will say in the past I haven't generally read erotica or smut or erotic romance as much or as often as I read regular romance. The regency era and the good old reliable Harlequin and they all faded to black and that was fine, more than enough for me. I was lucky enough for the first guy I was with to be completely open and honest in what he wanted and more than happy to give back and flat out told me I needed to make demands of him too. It went both ways. So I will say that when it faded to black, I could fill in the blanks all on my own and was probably better than what would have been written.

So in writing erotic romance I read A LOT of everything from smut-down and dirty meant to be read one handed and erotica which was kinda annoying and long winded and erotic romance-where I felt most comfortable. I will have to admit I was all, we have a winner this is it let's get to writing and honestly I've used things I've written to former and current partner in a scene. In all of those times, even my most boring tech geek partner never said I want to taste your 'sex' , 'core' , or other so many other words women try to use when writing, now I will admit, yes I have used core and in the woman's mind the totally lame word 'there' but during sex no. I've heard muffin-not writing that it makes me laugh, hot box-stupid and juvenile, but I have never even once heard the word vagina-not once.

As far as I am concerned the word Erotic before Romance frees me to be real and write honestly of what happens as a couple works toward the romance and the happily ever after and a lot of that goes down in the bedroom and it's real and should be honest. As far as I am concerned the whole freaking industry is built because women have been told how they shouldn't be, don't sit like that bad girls sit with their legs open, don't talk like that only sluts and dirty girls talk like that. Fuck that shit is what women are saying, they read about what they want and are scared to ask for and then maybe, hopefully they will.

I didn't read the 50 Shades book and when a friend who was begging to asked me why I responded, I already get what I want in the bedroom. Also, I am not into BDSM a few smacks not so bad but pain, no uh uh, not gonna happen.

I have done my best to write as close to what happens during and after sex because yes fantasy is all good but reality of what you ask for and get isn't always as good as the fantasy, the endless sex without soreness always makes me crazy-yeah no two days or even all night long of sex? No, the reason you walk funny is because it hurts and it's freaking sore.

So I'm going to use the word pussy and I'm not going to apologize for it, it isn't a dirty word, it's just a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment